The Village requires that all contractors and subcontractors doing work in the Village be registered. Residents hiring contractors to do work on their property are encouraged to call the Building Department to inquire as to whether or not their contractor is registered.
Any new structures including decks, docks, additions, sheds, and fences require the approval of the Architectural Board of Review and/or Board of Zoning Appeals. Architectural Board of Review meetings are held on the fourth meeting of each month. (Meetings may be rescheduled due to holidays.) Interior remodels and patio/driveway placement require approval from the Building Official. Please contact the Building Department with questions. The contractor or the homeowner may apply for the permits.
Permits may be picked up Monday thru Friday 8am – 4pm.
Permits may be paid for by cash or check.
You can download the following items:
- Permit Fees
- Application for residential plan approval/permit
- Application for non-residential plan approval/permit
- Application for contractor registration/license
- Contractor’s bond
- Homeowner’s affidavit
- Application for Board of Zoning and Building Appeals
- Application for Planning and Zoning Commission
- Vacant and Foreclosed Property Registration