The Village requires that all contractors and subcontractors doing work in the Village be registered. Residents hiring contractors to do work on their property are encouraged to call the Building Department to inquire as to whether or not their contractor is registered.
Any new structures including decks, docks, additions, sheds, and fences require the approval of the Architectural Board of Review and/or Board of Zoning Appeals. Architectural Board of Review meetings are held on the fourth meeting of each month. (Meetings may be rescheduled due to holidays.) Interior remodels and patio/driveway plans require approval from the Building Official. Please contact the Building Department with questions. The contractor or the homeowner may apply for the permits.
Ohio Building Code: https://www.com.ohio.gov/dico/BBS/
Permits may be picked up Monday thru Friday 8:00am – 4:00pm Permits may be paid for by cash or check.
You can download the following items:
- Architectural Board of Review – Filing Procedures
- Planning Commission – Filing Procedures
- Deck Construction – Information Sheet
- Sheds – Information Sheet
- Alteration Finish – Information Sheet
- Room Additions – Information Sheet
- Guidelines for Fence Construction
- Basement plan example
- Exterior Concrete Specifications