Direction Home Akron Canton Area Agency on Aging and Disabilities has been working to maximize supports for older Ohioans during this pandemic. We have developed specific resources covered below and on the attached postcard to assist with COVID-19 issues. Anyone 60+ that has needs during this time can contact the Aging and Disability Center at 877-770-5558.
- Meals – Adults who are homebound and 60+ may receive FREE home delivered meals temporarily during the shelter in place order
- Scam Prevention – We’ve collected resources to help older adults avoid scams related to COVID-19. Learn how to protect yourself
- Nursing Home and Assisted Living Support – Supportive professionals who are trained to address issues and rights violations in facilities
- Assistance with Isolation – “Phone a Friend” programs designed to link volunteers with people who would like to have regular telephone conversations during the COVID-19 stay at home order
- Housing Assistance – Rental, eviction and more supports are available to older adults struggling with housing issues
- Caregiver Support – Access best practices on caring for a loved one while keeping yourself healthy and happy
- Information and Assistance – Telephonic support to answer questions on community supports and successful aging programming.
More information here: https://www.dhad.org/