ODJFS Expands Unemployment Call Center Hours
SUMMIT COUNTY, OHIO—The Ohio Department of Job and Family Services (ODJFS) has expanded its unemployment call center hours to better meet the increased need for services. Individuals needing to reset their PIN or submit an application may call 1-877-OHIO-JOB (1-877-644-6562) toll-free during the following days and times:
Monday – Friday: 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Saturday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Sunday: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Those needing other assistance with their claims may call 1-877-OHIO-JOB (1-877-644-6562) toll-free during normal weekday business hours.
When an individual files an unemployment claim, they may receive automated notices that are built into system, but that may not apply to recent applicants. Please note:
- All benefits will be retroactive to the date a person became eligible.
- Any delays in processing will not affect a claimant’s total benefit amount.
- If claimants receive automated notices about any of the following, they should IGNORE them:
- Work search
- School employment
- RESEA/UCRS programs
- Union verification
Additionally, there is likely to be confusion over notices generated by the retroactive payment process. Claimants will be contacted directly, with the following information:
- To backdate an already established claim, ODJFS will need to withdraw the established claim. This means that a claimant will receive a notification that his or her application has been denied. The person may even receive a notice that he or she was overpaid benefits. Claimants should ignore these notices.
- The following day, ODJFS will reenter a new application with the proper effective date. A claimant may see a notification that the claim is pending. Any weeks that the person has filed will move to the new claim.
- Claimants will receive a call instructing them how to file any back weeks.
Note that claimants do not need to take any action, but will receive the full amount they are owed.
For more information, please visit http://jfs.ohio.gov/ouio/CoronavirusAndUI.stm.